Thursday, August 27, 2009

Driving me Crazy!

Wow look at that two posts in a day!

Anyway though this post is more of a rant and also a thank you. The thank you goes to ya'll my friends who have been there and done that with the baby thing. It's a thank you for not saying any of the following that I am going to state below and realizing that I am not stupid and understand that I realize my world is about to change and that I will have to find a new normal.

These things are CONTINUOUSLY said to me by some people. Do they really think I don't realize these things...

1. If I hear get all the sleep you can now one more time I am going to scream. Maybe I should just do it...AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Okay now that is out I want to say one thing. Yes I know I should sleep right now...yes I know that I am going to have sleepless nights and midnight explosions and feedings, and sometimes just an inconsolable baby. Why do some people(and sometimes it's the same person that repeatedly will tell me this) always say that. Do they just think new parents don't know? Do I really think I'll get a full 8+ hours a sleep..um no. But guess what I am not getting a full 8 hours + now, not because I don't want to, but because I can't. Midnight bathroom trips, aching back, hips, heck whole body, and just general insomnia is keeping that from happening. Also I have way to much to do to be able to just nap all day...isn't that anyones wish...to just nap? Well I can't do that all the time...yes sometimes I can but mostly not so much.

2. Another pet peeve...You just wait (insert different remarks here). As in you might say Man I am tired...I'll get a reply of You just wait, you don't know what tired is. Or I have done 5 loads of wash today and I'll get You just wait, a little person adds so much more laundry to your day.
Again people things I realize.

3. Someone asks how far along you are. Current example...33 weeks. The reply I'll get? Oh you have a long way to go. Well maybe 7 weeks is long but with the way this pregnancy has flown by for me 7 weeks doesn't feel so long. Also with the amount of stuff that I am doing and have to do 7 weeks doesn't feel so long there either. So maybe it's long to some people, it's not long to me and I think my opinion kinda counts as the important one in this case.

4. Your'e life is going to change so much. I just want to scream...No (enter 4 word expleitive here) Sherlock. Really? I thought it was going to stay exactly the same. Stupid me.

Those are my main ones. It just drives me crazy. Especially the sleep one. I have a cousin who is my FB friend and I love her to pieces but every stinking time I post something that has to do about sleep (baby related or not) I get the stupid sleep comments. I get it...you can stop repeating yourself now. K Thanks :)

1 comment:

Katy said...

Girl I still get those comments & I am on my 3rd child. Keep venting cause they never stop comming. Do what you want because the last time I checked you were grown.