Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Extremely Random 10 on Thursday

1. I was replacing the toilet paper roll in our guest bath yesterday and I thought to myself "I wonder how many rolls of toilet paper the Duggar's go through in a day, week, month?" They must have stock in Charmin lol.
2. I'm having nightmares. But these are nightmares that you know would never happen, and it's the kind of nightmares that while you are having them you know you are having them, and you know all it takes to leave the nightmare is to wake up but yeah you still don't wake up. Last night it had something to do with the Incredible Hulk...only he was so large he reminded me of the Stay Puff Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters in size. Crazy pregnancy dreams!
3. I really wish that nuclear reactors would do what they are supposed to do when they are supposed to do it. My husband hasn't had a weekend off since the very beginning of April...he was supposed to be off this weekend. Yeah that's not going to happen.
4. I visit a baby message board a few times a week. I mainly post on the Alabama board but I also lurk around on the 2nd trimester board. Today I saw a post about how disappointed a girl was at her Big u/s that she was having a girl, that she refused to watch the rest of the u/s. She couldn't get over the fact that it was a girl and not a boy, and she didn't seem to care that it was healthy. Talk about that pissing a lot of people off. I have heard of gender disappointment but really? So much that you don't even watch the rest of the u/s or care what the tech is telling you about how healthy the baby is? I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen the entire time..it was such an amazing thing. I was so relieved and happy to hear the words healthy and looks great,etc. To me the gender revelation was just icing on the cake.
5. Every week I read about what is going on with my pregnancy. I have been finding little interesting tid bits lately. It is talking about how within the next couple of weeks little girls eyes will be able to see some things...but of course it's pretty dark in there. So they suggest shining a flashlight at your belly and she should react to it. They also talk about how when you start to see movement from the outside that you should "play" with your baby by poking it in the area you saw the movement. I was telling Wes this and he was like "What are you reading...how to torture your baby in the uterus 101" Ah the gems he comes up with :)
6. Which leads me to this one. In the same conversation we were talking about how you "play" with your baby in the above mentioned ways and then Wes was like "Yeah and then think about it...baby crawls towards the light, and the first thing done to it is it is smacked! And it's freezing! And it's bright! No wonder baby's cry..they are thinking put me back in, put me back in!" That reminds me of the movie Look Who's talking when Mikey's "voice" is yelling Put me back in Put me back in!
7. So when is this 2nd trimester burst of energy supposed to kick in? I have times (short might I add) that I have a little bit but it doesn't last long.
8. Wes is nesting. He has been Mr. Handyman lately around the house in the evenings.
9. Our 3rd anniversary is coming up on July 1st. It's in the middle of the week and Wes will be on 2nd shift then. My birthday is the week before that and I'll be gone to Panama City Beach with my parents on my actual b'day. So we agreed to do both celebrations the Saturday in between which will be June 27th. I think it'll be Carrabba's since that place has special meaning to us. And I want a cookie cake. So hopefully he remembers that...I'll keep the hint dropping up :)
10. Our anniversary present to each other is going to be a Wii...I have been wanting one forever so we are finally going to get it. I figure that's how I'll pass my August boredom because I am not going to be hanging around outside too much at 7/8 months pregnant.

Told you this was random :) Happy Thursday all!

No comments: