Why is it that the bedding that I just absolutely fall in love with is the most expensive that I have found thus far?? I have decided if McBaby is a little boy then I want to do a nautical themed nursery. I have fallen in love with this bedding from Pottery Barn Kids:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/bnb20/index.cfm?pkey=cboys-nursery-bedding|b
Problem? For three pieces, the bumper, quilt, and crib skirt they want $250. It is a new pattern so I haven't been able to find anyone on ebay selling it cheaper either. To me $250 is just A LOT to spend on baby bedding. I didn't even spend that on the bedding we have in our master bedroom! And with the way I like to change up things I am pretty sure that by the time the baby is a toddler I'd want to change their room to something else. So as much as I love the bedding I'm just not able to justify it.
So I found this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3494025
It doesn't have anything sailboat or nautical wise on the bedding but I like the colors and I think I could use accent pieces and get a good effect. It is $119 for 4 pieces: bumper, quilt, crib skirt, and crib sheet. This is much more affordable in my opinion.
I wish I could find a way to get the PBK bedding cause I L-O-V-E it!!! But it's just not in the cards I don't believe.
Now if this baby is a little girl I am at a complete loss! I hate themes for girls. I need to find something like dots, stripes, etc type thing. But seeing as how I think McBaby is a boy I'll worry about that if the ultrasound tech says it's a girl! Believe me I'll be shocked :) Call it mother's intuition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Also, you could always just buy the quilt and crib skirt in the PBK and then do a solid bumper pad. I know that Babies r us has a line of solid bumpers by Koala Baby...just a thought!
Ooohhh I didn't think of that! Thanks Lauren! I'll check out the bumper prices at Babies r Us!
I don't think the bumper prices are too bad at BRU. If you are ever in Huntsville, you may want to check out Burlington. They have some cute baby bedding & sometimes you can get a great deal. I hope your intuition is correct & it's a boy! I believe that Brittni got her PBK kids stuff off of e-bay when we thought Brayden was a girl. Good thing she hung on to it!
I am in H'ville all the time. I was in Burlington Saturday and yeah they do have some cute things...but I'll admit I am picky. They don't have this set on ebay yet due to it just came out with the spring line. So it's brand new. The prices on solid color bumpers aren't bad..I already checked and if it's a boy I think I might actually do that. We'll see in just a little over 2 and a half weeks!
Keep an eye out on Target. They have a tendency to do some cheaper versions of Pottery Barn's stuff. And do what Lauren said. That's what I'd do. :)
Post a Comment