2. Still not crawling either, but she is scooting and that falls into the milestones so I am okay with it. She is also reaching to get pretty much anything she wants, and if she can't get it by reaching she finds a way. So she definitely has some determination about her.
3. I know her pedi isn't going to like hearing she won't bear weight on her legs...she was a little concerned at her 6 months so I imagine that she'll be a little more at her 9 month next week.
4. We are having her 9 month pictures taken bright and early in the morning...she should be in a good mood that time of day :)
5. She is 9 months tomorrow!! My goodness that is 3/4 of a year...time is just moving way to fast!
6. She is trying to get her top two teeth in right now and they are right there at the surface. These have been so much harder than her bottom two were. I'll be glad when they have pushed through.
7. She is now saying dada, baba, mama, hey, hi, boo, and pop...that last one my dad is pretty excited over :)
8. I'm really wondering how much she weighs now and how tall she is..I took a rough estimate with measuring tape last night and I got 30 inches! I also got 19lbs when I stood on the scale holding her, then subtracting my weight. Ready to see what the doctor says!
9. We are down to 20-24oz of formula (by her own doing) a day and table foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. She also gets one afternoon snack. I feel like I feed her the same stuff over and over though...I need to figure out some new foods. I haven't found anything she doesn't like yet, and thankfully so far no texture issues. She's a good eater.
10. I have begun the planning part of her 1st b'day party...we have a full next couple of months so I am getting an early start. I decided to go with the Our Little Pumpkin is Turning One theme because I can be more budget friendly with that one.
Now for a few pictures:









4 comments:
I understand the Mommy worry, I tend to freak easily too. As far as her bearing weight...can you try getting her a walker or a Johnny Jump up or something? I think that you can get a basic run of the mill walker for next to nothing, it might be worth a try.
I remember thinking the same thing with the food. I felt like she lived off of Babybel cheese, puffs, blueberries, strawberries and YoBaby yogurt. What am I talking about, she still lives off that stuff! As far as milk goes, once we started to give Rory solids, she cut her milk intake WAAAAY down, like we were lucky to get 18 oz. Our ped said as long as she was eating well and got 18 oz, not to worry about it. I figured she got good hydration from fruit, so I quit worrying about it.
Hang in there, don't give in to the Mommy guilt, you do what you can.
I'm sorry you're worried, I hope you get some answers at your pedi appointment. I know 99% of the time it's nothing to worry about and I'm sure that's the case with Aubrey. Even if it's not, a specialist can get her standing up in no time. You didn't mess her up though, I've seen her in a bouncer, I don't think there's much else you can do to build those leg muscles.
Lauren she has a jumperoo that she just recently figured out what to do in...we've been putting her in it since 4 months but she just recently started actually jumping. It's weird, she has strong legs especially when she pushes off of us, she just refuses to put them down. If we hold her up under her arms she just lifts her legs up.
I have wondered about a walker...my MIL has one and she plays in it over there but she doesn't try to walk...but she isn't over there very often so I don't really expect her to automatically know what to do. I have seriously considered getting one though. Everything else is just flowing like it should and I guess I just assumed this would too.
Candi, you are a wonderful mother! Aubrey is just not ready to walk. You have not messed her up, just something more to work on. She is smart, inquisitive, and you can tell that she is taking it all in!
I think the walker is a great idea, it might really help her get the general idea!
You're awesome!
Post a Comment