Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let the research begin!

Today I bought this book:



I started reading through it tonight after dinner. Wow so much info...I think I have a baby gear info overload. I am making notes as I go so as to not have to flip back later and figure out where I saw particular information.
I had a couple of gift cards I needed to use so I also bought three Bernstein Bears books. Now I am the queen of children's books...yeah that happens when you are a teacher. I have 11 clear rubbermaid tubs FULL of children's books. I even have this really neat card catalog system set up..that way I know what books I have :) So I have decided that I will get out a few books to put in the nursery to read to the baby...then as time goes on I'll switch them out with age appropriate books. I figure that way there is always new reading material. But back to my Bernstein Bear's books. I love love love those stories. I am bound and determined to collect them all. I used to have a ton as a kid but somewhere along the way I guess they got sold in a garage sale...so today I decided I will again collect them.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love those books, too. "Knit one, purl two, country cousins, woo! woo!" I can still picture it. My kid books were sold in a garage sale, too. Boo. We still had a few and thankfully several of them are still in print.

Check out this website, too.

http://www.babysteals.com

Someone just told me about it today. Apparently they have one baby item a day that's insanely marked down and when it's gone it's gone. She said the diaper bag I bought has been on there before (at least the same company) so maybe they'll have some things you want on there...

Lauren said...

I don't have a yahoo account...do you mean charter?

Lauren said...

i didn't get anything...try again or give me a ring