Well I got to experience Huntsville Hospitals Emergency room today. Yeah. Ready for the long story? Warning it has some TMI in it.
Well yesterday I had lots and lots of water. I couldn't seem to get enough. But I noticed I wasn't going to the bathroom as much as I should have been. I was just getting little dribbles. Well over night it started to get painful to go to the bathroom. I got up this morning and I *thought* I felt better. Long about 11am the pain was getting pretty intense. I was really trying hard to make it through until Wes got home at 5pm...but it just wasn't happening. I called him about 1:30 in hysterics scared out of my mind and crying. He sped home and took me to the ER. We spent 7 hours there...getting home at 11pm tonight. The verdict?
Apparently sometimes between the weeks of 14 and 18 in pregnancy while your uterus is growing it can put pressure on your bladder and put a kink in your urethra. It usually takes a couple of days for it to get back to normal and they put you on antibiotics. Fun. But even better is that for tonight I have a traveling catheter. Yep..but to be honest I am relieved because I don't have to strain to pee and I don't have this constant urge to go and I don't have this pain in my bladder anymore and hopefully I can get some decent rest tonight. I already had my 16 week appointment set up for tomorrow with Dr. Purvis so he'll be taking the catheter out and hopefully I'll feel back to normal in a few days. I am on the antibiotic for 7 days and I must say I hope that this never happens again cause it isn't fun!
So I am hanging out on the couch at 12 am hoping I can fall asleep soon. I'll update tomorrow afternoon or evening after my doctors appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I had a similar experiance with UTI/Bladder infection and kidney stones...TWICE while I was pregnant (once at 15 weeks and once at 34 weeks). Seriously...I thought I was going to die! Hang in there...
Ugh that sucks! What a fun pregnancy symptom. I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious but I'm sure it sucked. I hope you feel better soon. And I can't WAIT to hear when your U/S is scheduled for. I need something to look forward to!!
That really bites. I think Brittni had a really bad UTI when she was pregnant with Brayden, but no kinks were involved. I'm glad you did get relief & while a catheter is no fun at least you don't have to keep it for long.
Bless your heart! Hang in there and I'm glad the catheter helps and is temporary!
Post a Comment