1. 13 weeks today!
2. My energy levels seem to be returning a little. I spent the whole first trimester with absolutely 0 energy. I missed it terribly! Sure I still am ready for a nap around 2 and I am ready to call it a night by 8 but I am at least able to get things done during the day now.
3. So far I am down 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost 5 pounds during my first tri due to food aversions and no appetite. I had gained 2 of those back between week 8 and week 12. I read somewhere that your metabolism speeds up during pregnancy and since I used to have the metabolism the pace of snail it has been a real change for me.
4. My appetite hasn't really kicked in. I have my days when I snack...and then I have my days when I am doing good to remember to eat 3 meals.
5. I haven't thrown up(knocking on wood!) My mom never threw up and had very little m/s with me and my brother so I guess in retrospect so far my pregnancy has been like hers in that department.
6. I have been having wierd dreams. Not really baby related yet, just wierd dreams. Example: I dreamed I was a student at Hogwarts and we were sleeping outside the shrieking shack in the flower beds, and instead of using sleeping bags, we just buried ourselves in mulch.
7. I think my cat Savanna senses something different. She loves to lay by my stomach.
8. We will be finding out the sex of the baby. That'll happen between 20-22 weeks depending on when they schedule me.
9. We will however not be sharing the name we pick out until Baby Mc is born. This is because I am an easily persuaded person and if I think someone doesn't like the name or makes a comment about it I'd develop a complex over it and throw out a name that I love.
10. We are trying to decide whether to refer to the baby as McBaby or Baby Mc. Wes was kidding around one day and called it Cletus the Fetus and my mom was like Uh no you can't refer to my grandchild as that lol. So which one? McBaby or Baby Mc?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I was the same way with the food. I didn't really crave anything and I had 0 appetite for a long time. I also had an aversion to chicken that went away the moment that Rory was born...weird, I know! Even when my appetite came back, I couldn't eat a whole lot. I only gained 17 pounds, my WHOLE pregnancy. Hang in there...2nd trimester was awesome, I felt great and you aren't huge so you can still do stuff comfortably.
I had weird dreams too, not usually about the baby (unless it was right before an ultrasound)...just random strange dreams.
I vote Cletus McFetus. :)
Congrats first off! I am so happy for you! I like Cletus the Fetus it sounds like something Michael would come up with....MEN! I wouldn't worry to much about the weight loss. With Scarlet I lost 19lbs...in fact it was the last trimester before I gained any weight with her. Let me see in my last trimester I gained a grand total of 8 lbs and she weighed 7 lbs 11 ozs. I too had really strang dreams and my hair actually began to get slightly curly. Enjoy it while it last because it is over way to soon and then they grow up!
I'm so behind in checking on everyone so excuse this because it is ridiculously late, but:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I'm so excited for you and Wes. Such a blessing!
And my vote is for Cletus as well, but I'm thinking girl, so lets say Cleota. ;)
Post a Comment