Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Boogeyman Is Not Going to Get You!

Hey guess what?  You CAN'T reason with a two and a half year old.  Go figure right? 
Monday night we had pretty bad thunderstorms come through the area about midnight.  The lightening and thunder woke Aubrey up.  Like from a deep sleep.  And scared the dickens out of her.  Hence the last three nights have been hellacious around these parts at bedtime. 
Think two hours of screaming and crying, unless we are rocking her.  She'll fall asleep while we are rocking her, but she is one of those kids that once you move she wakes up.  Sigh.  We've tried everything.  Night light? Check.  Fisher Price seahorse? Check.  Sound machine? Check.  Putting every single one of her stuffed animals in bed to keep her safe? Check. Does any of this work? NOPE. We've talked to her about it, listened to her fears, etc...none of it helps.  We are one set of frustrated and ragged parents.  As much as we hate it, tonight we had to let her cry it out.  Yeah that sucked.  But she is finally asleep....I think.
I'm already dreading tomorrow night. 

1 comment:

Colleen said...

UGH, that sucks. We've had issues with thunder before but thankfully telling the kids to yell "Pipe down, thunder!" has worked. ;) I know we got off easy. We also have given the kids a spray bottle of "monster spray" (water) to keep by their beds, just in case. I hope she gets over it soon, I'm sure that sucks!