Tuesday, June 5, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. Our church is having VBS  next week.  We have been members at our church for 5 years now and I have worked it every year except last year because we were at the beach when it was going on.  I have been a crew leader once, worked registration twice, and this year I am a station leader at the movie and missions station.  VBS is one of my favorite times of the year :)

2. In the past two months I have taken two out of the three Praxis tests I am required for my degree.  I take the final one this Saturday. I have passed one, and still waiting on the results to my second one. My internship is all set up to start January 7, 2013.  I get my placement December 1, but I got to pick three choices so I know it'll be one of them.  Let's just say I feel like this summer and the fall is going to fly by.  I am looking forward to it, and honestly I am ready to be back in the classroom. 

3. I got a new washer and dryer today.  We bought it Memorial Day weekend but it got delivered today.  It's a LG High Efficiency top loader washer and steam dryer.  Loving it already!  The dryer sings to me when it is finished...how awesome is that? 

4. Best $2.95 I ever spent?  Right here:
 I mean look at all the bubbles the bubble gun blows out!  It's pretty awesome :) 

5. Looking forward to heading to Point Mallard later this week.  We are going to put those season passes to good use this year :) 

6. Since I am not taking any classes this summer I am planning on catching up on my to read list.  Right now I am on the 6th book of James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series and hope to get the series finished (there are ten books total but they are quick reads).  I am making it my personal goal to finally read the Hunger Games series that I have started and restarted three or four times, and I am going to read the YA series Kingdom Keepers because I like Disney and mystery and these are put together.  I'll be trying to fit in some others as well in there. 

7. Aubrey and I watched her first ever Disney princess movie last night.  Beauty and the Beast.  I had forgotten how much I loved that movie.  I was pretty impressed that Aubrey actually watched most of it, while also playing at the same time, but she seemed to like it.  She's not totally into princesses just yet...still a Minnie/Mickey girl, but she's starting to like them.  I do believe Tangled will be the next one we watch, mainly because I want to see it lol.  I am also going to make Wes take me to see Brave later this month...that movie looks awesome! 

8. 109 days until we leave for Disney World!!  :) 

9. A new favorite snack?  Turkey roll ups...cream cheese rolled up into the turkey...yum :) 

10.  I have 18 days left of my 31st year on this earth.  These years just seem to be speeding up faster and faster.  Here's looking to 32 :) 

No comments: