Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Pictures of some of the Christmas happenings

The Decatur Christmas Parade. We haven't been in several years. Aubrey loved it.

My alma mater...Austin High School...more specifically the AHS marching band which was probably one of the best parts of high school for me. The sign that they are holding is honoring a band member that was lost in a car accident a few weeks ago. The members of the band were also wearing a picture of her on their hats. I'm glad to see the band is still a close knit group like we were in high school.

Aubrey watching the parade on Wes' shoulders

AHS color guard

These are friend of our family, Dylan and Brad. They both worked with my mom. They now run the Pine Hill Day Camp out in Somerville. That place is awesome! I can't wait until Aubrey is 4 and can go experience it.

This float had vintage toys on it and I liked the Rock Em Sock Em robots one :)

Aubrey waving to the parade paticipants

Charlie Brown Christmas!

The big man himself...Santa Clause.

We went and saw Macy's Christmas program at church. She sang a solo.


Daddy's been teaching Aubrey about the real meaning of Christmas.


We baked some Christmas cookies





and we got together with my mom's side of the family

My mom telling a story from a Christmas past

Wes with baby Addisyn

Addisyn and Aubrey are 4th cousins (I have a very large family)...Addisyn is a bit rough lol and liked to pull Aubrey's hair...my Uncle Clyde was getting a kick out of watching the two of them

My mom, far left, with 4 of her 5 (one lives in Indiana) remaining living brothers and sisters (there were originally 8 kids total)..that's my Uncle Gene, my Aunt Mildred, my Aunt Betty, and my Uncle Clyde. My mom is the baby at almost 62 years old and my Uncle Clyde is the oldest at 83 years old. Clyde has a daughter that is 2 years older than my mom, so my mom was born an aunt.

Looking forward to the rest of this week, and especially this weekend! Don't know if I'll post again before Christmas so I shall say now to all of you who read this hope you have a very Merry Christmas :)

No comments: