haha sorry that Paula Abdul song just popped into my head :)
Aubrey took 4 steps at PT on Friday!!! Do you know how excited I am??? I'm so proud of her. We've been sitting on this so close to walking thing for over a month now and I was starting to get very discouraged, especially as her 15th month mark came and went. So I told Stephanie her therapist my feelings. We were having a rough session, because Aubrey refused to even cooperate and kept clinging to me. So I told Stephanie I would leave the room because I felt like she might do better. I was right.
Even though she kept fussing she did what Stephanie needed her to do, and she walked two steps on her own in there. I didn't see those, but was within earshot so I could hear. Well at the end Stephanie walked her out of the room and stopped about 2 steps from where I was and she walked those two steps to me by herself!!
This was very encouraging. We have come to the conclusion I have a very strong willed daughter. So we are going to step up PT for the next two weeks and have 4 sessions. We are going to get this stubborn girl walking :) After those four sessions are up we are going to evaluate where we are. Hopefully heading towards a girl who prefers her own two feet over mommy and daddy carrying her. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Yay, Aubrey! I'm so proud of her!!
Good luck!! How exciting!
Post a Comment