Wednesday, October 20, 2010

12 Month Stats

I took Aubrey to her 12 month well baby visit today. She weighed in at 21lbs 5oz's (65th percentile) and 30 inches long (85th percentile). She has been extremely consistent on staying in the same percentiles for each category, although she did go up from the 80th to the 85th on height. The nurse called it a growth spurt.
She took her shots well. We have to go back in 31 days to get the second half of her flu shot. Her doctor was pleased with her physical therapy update.
She gave us the go ahead on juice, but I am going to limit it. I want her to predominantly drink milk and water. I'll give her juice every once in a while.
She also gave us the go ahead on turning her front facing. She did tell me though (and I knew this already) that rear facing is still the safest for her. Aubrey doesn't mind riding rear facing, she has a mirror so she can see us, she doesn't pitch a fit or anything like that so we are going to keep her rear facing for a couple of more months. I'll just have to play it by ear to see when we switch her around.
We also got told to go ahead and make a dentist appointment for her. She has 8 teeth and is currently working on 9,10, and 11. So I have to check and see which pediatric dentist is covered on Wes' insurance and I'll make the appointment. I bought her some baby toothpaste at Target, she already had a toothbrush that we let her chew on and we also wipe down her teeth with a washcloth, but we are going to have to actually start brushing them now.
I'm glad to have that out of the way. We take her back at 15 months. Does anyone know if they get shots then? I totally forgot to ask.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I am pretty sure that Rory got a shot at 15 months.

We are still rear facing. Rory doesn't mind and given all the road time we spend, I like having her rear facing. Our seat goes rear facing until 33 pounds so I have a feeling sometime in the next few months, she will be to that limit, so forward facing is in our near future.

Rachel said...

We just had Abby's 15 month check-up. She got two shots. :o(

Colleen said...

Dash got his MMR at his 15 month appointment, that one sucks. One of those muscle ones that doesn't feel so hot. I THINK he got a Hep one, too, I don't remember. I know Kate will get the MMR at her 15 month, I'm not sure what else. Hers is in 5 days or so.

Dash got one more at 18 months, it seems like he was a few days shy of it qualifying for insurance on our 15 month appointment, and then that was the end of the shots. It was a good day. :)