Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Tutu Part One

So Friday I sat down to work on a tutu for Aubrey's picture that is going on her birthday invitation. I plan on putting her in an orange and green tutu, and pumpkin applique shirt with her name embroidered on it for the picture.
Here is the tutu I made:


I thought it turned out pretty cute.

So I set out looking for a pumpkin shirt on etsy. Finally found one I liked and ordered it. Here is the website picture:



Well it occurred to me that the greens didn't match up. This kind of thing bothers me. But I really wanted to use the more apple green and not kelly green. But the way the tutu was isn't going to work with that shirt. So I went to Hobby Lobby and got more tulle..this time in a green color to match the shirt. I am going to try to combine the two greens with the orange and see how that looks. If I like it that way I'll keep it. If I don't like it then I'll just use the darker green and the orange. I want it to look good together since I am also using balloons in orange and green for her pictures.

So I am hoping I'll get it finished tomorrow. I'll post pictures after I am done. I'm also making her an Auburn one. I want it done before the first game Sept 4. I'll post pictures of it as well.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You did a great job! It's adorable!!

Lauren said...

Girl, shame on you for buying something off of etsy without checking with me first...I could have TOTALLY done this for you, probably a lot cheaper!

:)

Candi said...

Lauren I totally forgot you did stuff like that...my mistake! I have two other things I am wanting to get regarding clothing for birthday so I'll email you with the details and you tell me what you can do.