Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Our Day

I feel pretty fortunate that at 3 months old me and Aubrey have a pretty good routine to our day. When she was born I read the book "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" and I really like the idea of the EASY plan. EASY stands for Eat,Activity,Sleep,You time. It works very well for us.
During the week our days go like this:
7:30am-9:30am: Aubrey is raring to go! I feed her and then put her in the bouncy seat so I can take her into our bathroom so I can take a shower and get ready, then I get her ready for the day.
9:30-10:00am: We play on her play mat. We are currently working on the rolling over thing :)
10:00-11:30: Aubrey takes her morning nap and I usually eat me a quick bite, do some chores, and check my blogs...if I still have time after this I work on something crafty.
11:30: Lunch time for Aubrey
12:00-1:30ish: Aubrey gets about 15 minutes of swing time, then I prop her up in the corner of the couch and we play peek a boo, patty cake, and I sing to her. Then we do a story. Then she just likes to chill and look around...sometimes I leave her sitting in the corner of the couch and sometimes I move her to her playmat.
1:30-3:30: Afternoon naptime...I sometimes nap myself during this and other times I work on my scrapbook.
(On days that I have to run errands I do it in the afternoon...but so far I only do that about once a week)
3:30: Afternoon snack time for Aubrey
4:00: Daddy is home!! Wes takes her for about an hour to give me a chance to get dinner finished.
5:00: We eat dinner while Aubrey chills in her swing..this will change up a bit in about a month...we'll start putting her at the table with us in her high chair.
6:00-7:00 This is Aubrey's fussy period...so it can vary..sometimes she naps, other times we try to get her to play. Just depends.
7:00: Our nightly routine starts...we bathe her, give her a bottle, read 2 stories, then get her to sleep. We are usually putting her in her crib sometime around 8:30pm.
We are giving her a top off bottle at around 10pm and that usually makes her to 4:30 or 5:00am. I'll take it...it gives me a nice stretch of sleep!

2 comments:

Liz said...

That sounds remarkably like my day with Aurora (also 3 months). I really like the "eat, play, sleep" schedule as opposed to "eat, sleep, play", it makes so much more sense when trying to develop good eating habits.

Lauren said...

Enjoy it...around 6 months she will decide to try to change it up on ya!