Tuesday, January 12, 2010

10 on Tuesday

1. We are seeing lots of these around our house. She hands them out pretty frequently.


2. Aubrey isn't a huge fan of tummy time on her mat...now she likes it if she is laying on one of us but she usually cries or just simply lays her head down and gazes out if she is on her mat. I caught her doing this during tummy time the other day.


3. Her grasping skills are getting there. She can grab her bib, the washcloth, her burp cloths all with good force. She can sorta grasp rattles and such...she gets them for a minute and then she lets them go.


4. She's hit that stage where her hands are constantly in her mouth..so's the bib. I figure when she gets that better grasp on rattles and toys those will head straight to her mouth as well.


5. I can't believe Aubrey is going to be 3 months old on Thursday...that's a quarter of a year old! Time needs to slow down!

6. Anyone else ready for spring? I'm pretty sick of the cold weather. I'm ready to get out on pretty days..right now we mainly just stay at home because it's just too cold to get her out much. I've got some serious cabin fever!

7. One of my favorite times with Aubrey during the day is when she is settling in for a nap..me and her lay on the couch (her on my chest) and she drifts off. I was worried for a while that this would cause her to only be able to fall asleep this way..but then I decided it didn't matter because this is the only time I'll get to do this..one day she'll be too big and won't want to do that...and so far she still can get herself to sleep on her own as well.

8. I need to take a picture of the blanket that Susan and Macy made for Aubrey. It's one of those no sew fleece blankets and oh my gosh I love it...it's the warmest thing...I found directions on how to do it on the internet and so I am going to make a Tennessee one for Wes.

9.

10. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I didn't care, and still don't, with Rory either. As a matter of fact, she still naps like that on Kevin during the day. It is good for both of them, hehe! Enjoy it, she will grow fast, believe me!

Monica said...

I love the no-sew blankets, I've made several of them to give as gifts!