Sunday, November 15, 2009

1 Month Old


Where did this month go? Yesterday Aubrey was a month old! She is changing so much every day.
Friday we got her first social smile! Or actually I should say her Nana (my mom) got her first social smile. We were in the waiting room down at Children's Hospital and my mom was talking to her and she just gave her the biggest toothless grin!
We took her to church for the first time today. Of course we had to dress her up and take her picture :)



And to let everyone who hasn't heard yet, her sweat test results for cystic fibrosis were negative! She does not have it! We are so relieved! God really answered all our prayers. She is a carrier of the gene, and actually has the most common mutation of the gene there is. But the only way this will ever affect her is if she marries a man who is also a carrier. Then there children would have a 25% chance of having CF.
We are really starting to get in the groove of things. Wes is back on day shift, we are gearing up for the holidays, and we are enjoying her every moment because I had always heard time flies fast and now I truly believe it!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Is that a Feltman Brothers dress? Rory has a few, and actually has one that was mine. She is cute! Congrats on getting through the 1st month in 1 piece, it flies, believe me!

Candi said...

Lauren yes it's a Feltman Brother's dress, her other grandmother gave it to her. I really like it but the whole time I was praying she didn't spit up on it lol.

Katy said...

I love the dress and the shoes. Scarlet wore a Feltman Bros. dress for her first Easter and I remember praying for the same thing. God answered that prayer but he has a great sense of humor, She ended up pooping all over it. Thank God it could be washed! Time does fly she is almost 2 now.