Thursday, July 23, 2009

Some quick updates!

1. I survived my 1 hour glucose test today. The drink tasted like the orange drink you used to get with a Happy Meal when we were kids. I managed to keep it down, but it is succeeding in making me feel yucky the rest of the day..just kinda blah you know? I really really hoped I passed because I really really don't want to take the 3 hour!
2. Little girl was being extremely stubborn yesterday for our 4D and refused to show us more than a profile of her face! Every time the tech would try to get her to turn, oh she'd turn, just the opposite direction! She even face planted down one time to where she was laying on her stomach with her face smushed down! However, she wasn't shy in confirming she most certainly is a girl. We got a really really clear shot of her stuff in 4D lol. This momma is extremely relieved about that because I was thinking I sure do have a lot of pink to return if she all the sudden becomes a he. Another piece of good news is we get a 4D repeat next Wednesday. This time around I am going to drink something like Mt Dew or Sundrop and see if we can get her to cooperate! Oh and I do have pictures of yesterday's endeavor I just haven't scanned them into the computer yet. I'll get to that soon!
3. We have had bedding crisis and meltdowns. Why is it such a big deal to me about the bedding? I'm not really sure but I just have this idea of a perfect nursery and I want to complete it. So here is the latest.
PBK is changing over their bedding Aug 3. Well my ship dates on mine keep getting shoved back...closer and closer to my due date. I need at least one piece of the bedding to be able to paint. So yeah I am in panic mode.
So last night I spent hours figuring out different plans of actions. I have come up with three.

1. I have always loved this bedding from javisdavis.com. I just don't love the price.
http://www.javisdavis.com/designstudio/studio.php?collection=194&g=1&bump_out=0693&bump_in=0692&bump_welt=0450&bump_tie=0450&sheet=0692&skirt=0694&pleat=0450
So I had pretty much ruled it out but a lady I know in B'ham is trying to figure out if she can do it for a better price. She is getting me estimates and if it is in the price range that I am willing to pay I will go with that.

2. In the meantime I have ordered this bedding from Target. My reservation on this set is the pink color...not really what I had in mind. But I thought I'd see it in person and go from there. If it's not what I like then I'll send it back.
http://www.target.com/Madison-Crib-Bedding-Collection/dp/B0019MTO5K/qid=1248390488/ref=br_1_8/181-6513461-3592711?ie=UTF8&node=45842011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

3. Wait for the Sophie bedding and because I can't really tell what color green or blue it is in the online picture (which is the colors I would prefer to paint) I would get a really really really light pink to paint. That's the whole issue with this bedding...I need to go ahead and paint. If I have to wait for the bedding itself I can deal if it doesn't get here before she does but I need to paint like now. I really didn't want pink walls but I have found some swatches that are so light that you dont' think whoa pink when you see them.

So let's hope something works out because I am getting angsty. Other than that things are good. I am going to every two week appointments now and that really makes me realize how little time I have left till I meet her! And yeah I have 10,000 things to do before then! I just need to breath and remember it'll all get done!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Have you called the PBK here in Bham to see if they have it. I was in there last week and I am pretty sure that they had at least one portion of it (bumpers I think).

Lauren said...

Also, check www.landofnod.com. THey have REALLY cute stuff...maybe you will see one there that you like.

Candi said...

Lauren I called PBK in B'ham the day we came back from Chattanooga...the guy there told me they didn't have it...but then again I had to describe it to him and now I am wondering if he even knew what I was talking about...maybe I should call again. I have also called the ones in Nashville and Chicago(I have a cousin who lives there and was willing to go pick it up for me and ship it to me).