I just wanted to write a post this morning because I have some pictures to share, and also because I have some random things on my mind. I'll start with the random.
I am so happy when I see my friends on facebook post pictures of their babies learning new things. I'll admit though it also makes my heart sink when it's a younger (than Aubrey)baby doing things that she should be but isn't yet. Like pulling up. She's working on it, but she hasn't figured out when she gets in her what I like to call "Captain Morgan position" that all she has to do is push up. I know she'll get it in her own time, but her physical therapist wanted her doing it by the time we go back to PT on Sept 24 and I don't know if she will be. I also can't help but feel so guilty because I keep thinking the reason she is so behind in all this is because I didn't do a whole lot of tummy time with her when she was younger because she screamed her head off due to the acid reflux. I feel like I made a huge mommy fail. I keep telling myself that every baby is different and that she will get this stuff but it's starting to lose its effect. I don't mean to be a downer, it's just been on my mind lately.
Also this is a random question but Aubrey can still wear a size 2 shoe, and is starting to get into a size 3. Her feet are really tiny. My mom and I were talking Saturday after trying some shoes on her, and both of us wondered if that had any effect on why she doesn't seem to care much about standing. I know it sounds like a dumb thought, but put her normal size body on those tiny little feet and it makes you wonder. She is about 30 inches tall and 19-20 pounds. I do wonder. I figure her feet just haven't had a growth spurt yet.
She does everything else just like she is supposed to be doing at almost 11 months (which is tomorrow eek!) so I know I shouldn't be so down about it.
Okay now on to the pictures :)

Look at this bed head after her nap!

We are trying to teach Aubrey to tell us how old she is going to be next month...sometimes it's works and I caught it on camera the other day :)

The other day Wes was watching her while I did a few things around the house...only he wasn't really watching her like he should be...I walk into the kitchen to find her in the pantry slowly destroying the recycling...and she found the Sundrop can and was licking it. I laughed and took the picture, but now we make sure the pantry door is always closed. I don't want her cutting her lip or tongue.

Everything goes into her mouth now...that is one of her squirty fishes.

Playing airplane with daddy.

This is one of my new favorite pictures

Just like the pantry, she also likes to get into the refrigerator when we open it for something.

After looking at this picture I really realize just how much she looks like her daddy and not me lol.

A lot of times she does this cheesy smile when she sees me get the camera out...she's such a ham lol :)
Well I hope everyone has a fantastic week...it's going to be busy around the McClanahan household for the next two weeks. Happy Monday!






2 comments:
Don't worry, every baby has their own time to do things. You cannot judge AK by what others do! Look how far she has progressed in such a short time.
We found that the Robeez or Bobuck shoes were the best when B was little. The pedi recommended them because they allow for the natural barefootness with protection. The best thing was that he could get them off. We only had two pairs(they were a little pricey) and they lasted for about a year. He just wore them everywhere except church.
I love that pic of AK and Wes. AND no sweetie, that baby is Wes' for sure!
She is so adorable, Candi!
Don't beat yourself up!! You are a wonderful mommy. I know it's hard not to look for reasons why our children are or are not doing certain things, but she will get there. Abby said more words at 10 months of age than she does now. It makes me wonder if I'm not working with her enough. Then, I have to remind myself that before I know it, she will be talking my ears off! ;) Don't doubt yourself! You're doing a great job!!
Post a Comment