1. I called my doctor because I am truly worried about some of the feelings I have been enduring. After talking with him, we have decided I am experiencing baby blues. I feel better knowing I am just not crazy :)
2. I have decided to try a few things differently. I am exercising more...I need to feel good about myself both physically and mentally. Exercise also gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. (Remember Elle Woods taught us that in Legally Blonde.) It's amazing to me just how much happier I can feel after a walk in the neighborhood. Also I am enjoying dancing. I have the Dancing with the Stars workout dvd and boy is it invigorating. I am also seriously considering purchasing the Just Dance Wii game...looks like fun and I have a 25 dollar gift certificate to Target burning a hole in my pocket.
3. I am down 8lbs from when I started my diet.
4. I am trying to do some little things for myself now. I am in the middle of reading the Percy Jackson series. I'm on the second book. It feels good to just read again. I am doing two household chores per day...this way I don't have to have marathon cleaning sessions and I don't have to be driven crazy by the messy house. I'm getting a pedicure this week...oh how I am looking forward to that.
5. One of the most important things I am doing for both myself and Aubs...I am teaching her how to play independently...this way mommy can get a few things done as well. And I am not feeling guilty about it. Just because I am a stay at home mom does not mean that I have to entertain my child every second she is awake. The playing by herself for 30 minutes is teaching her independence. And it makes me enjoy all the rest of the time I spend playing with her more fun because I am not thinking about all the other things that have to get done as well. And it's amazing to me at how much she is picking up on her own...I hear her babbling as she is playing with a toy and I imagine she is having a conversation with it. She is really getting better with her hand/eye coordination too. All around I think we are both happy and not frustrated anymore.
6. We had a bit of success with the stranger anxiety this past weekend. Twice! Friday my mom kept her while we laid sod...she didn't cry one time! And then yesterday we left her in the nursery during the church service and again no crying! Yay!
7. We are enrolling in Mommy and Me swim time this summer. I am also joining MOPS. I think those two things are going to be great for our days.
So I am trying to be more positive. You can't change anyone but yourself. Also me and Wes had a long talk about his mother, and we are trying to figure out the best way to handle her. I'm not going to let her negativity towards me bring me down.
And to finish this post of course a picture of Aubs :)






1 comment:
Good for you taking the high road! I know it's frustrating, but you are so right in the fact you can't change anyone else. And good for taking some "me" time too!
Post a Comment