Monday, March 22, 2010

Weight~ Part 2

So at my annual in 2009 I told my doctor that we were in the process of trying and that we had been trying for 9 cycles/8 months (I had a screwed up monthly cycle in Oct and so it lead to an extra cycle). I explained we were charting and he looked at my charts and said well you timing is good...so I wonder why there is no baby yet. That fact and the fact of my 30lb weight gain combined with my endometriosis was enough for him to order some blood work.
Turns out my progesterone level was super low...big problem when trying to get pregnant. Also the cause for the unexplained 30 lbs. I felt a little better. Well turns out Jan was the lucky month anyway, Aubrey was on her way. So I thought to myself, well I don't want to absolutely balloon up...I know I am going to gain, and that I can't diet, but I wanted to do it healthy. So I ate pretty healthy during my pregnancy, gaining only a total of 22lbs...nothing came on till about 24 weeks and then the last 17lbs came on in the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. I knew that was water and baby mainly. So needless to say the 22lbs of pregnancy weight came off pretty quickly post baby.
However the pesky 30lbs are still here, as well as about 22 more that I want to lose.
This morning my weight was 235lbs. I weigh on Monday mornings. Yesterday I was browsing my long list of blogs and I came across this I was pretty inspired. If you read the post she has a link to her weight loss story.
I know the principles of Weight Watchers...a lot of what she is doing is the same thing. So I am going to empower my knowledge and do this thing.
My plan:
Follow my Weight Watchers plan..I still have the tools I need.
Go back to drinking only water. It was amazing what dropping cokes and tea did for me last time. Now I'll admit last time I very occasionally would have a real coke (I don't do diet coke..hate the taste and the zero calorie things they have right now is on about the same level for me)I treated it like a treat. And she's right...after a while I never even craved it.
If we have something special going on like a trip I'll enjoy it and get right back on the plan as soon as vacation is over.
Excercise, Excercise, Excercise! I received a free pass for 3 months to the Wellness center at Huntsville Hospital when I had Aubrey. I am going to use it. Then if I like it there I'll get a membership. The Madison campus isn't very far from my house.
Write my journey on here. More than likely my posts regarding this will be on Monday's since that's my weigh in day. I feel like if I write it on here I have people holding me accountable and that is what I need to stay with this thing.

I have mini goals set up. My total weight loss goal at first is 52lbs. I will then evaluate the situation and see where I am going from there. My first mini goal is 5lbs.

So there you have it. I want to feel like myself again, and most importantly be happy and healthy for my daughter. This is my steps towards making that be a reality. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Good luck! I'm on the weight loss bandwagon with you. I hope it comes off quickly for you!

Roz said...

I think your plan sounds great, a few people at my church are having great success with the weight watchers type plan. And for me it was juice, once I cut out juice and drank crystal light (and now I water down my juice) I was surprised at how a few pounds just "slid" off. You'll do fantastic and know that we're cheering you on!

Meghan said...

I have had the same problem as you for most of my life. I have never felt small enough. We had a great number of folks running around us that were tiny to not make it any easier! I finally lost a ton back in 2003 but I was full force in to karate. I don't have time for that any more and the weight has crept back on slowly but very surely! I am now at 205 and I hate it. I too buy around the same size 16-18. I feel horrible about myself and it makes life in the bedroom even not so fun too! I am starting to eat better again and just suffer without right now. Sending you healthy thoughts!