Friday, February 19, 2010

Aubrey's First Tutu

I made Aubrey's first tutu using this YouTube tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7aSPMEn7S0

Here are pictures of Aubrey's.





A Couple of Notes:
*Using ribbon is easier for baby tutus...I think when I make her a toddler one I'll use elastic.
*Hobby Lobby has precut 25 yards of tulle in different colors for 2.99-4.99 a piece. It takes out one step of the cutting, but sometimes the by the yard is cheaper. Just check it out and compare.
*My total price for this project was $6...not too bad when I was seeing them for sale on etsy for $20+.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

i made Rory's too. I did her's on elastic though. I bought the spool of tulle (hehe, that rhymes) and then cut it however long I wanted it. I might have to try the ribbon though. Just thought that I would add my $.02.

Monica said...

It looks great, you did a good job!