1. We had Aubrey's 2 month well baby check yesterday. That meant shots :( I felt horrible...here she was all smiling and everything until that needle poked her. I have never seen a smile melt away so fast and her little face turned bright red and she let out a loud scream and tears started pouring! I cried too! I kept telling her that these were to keep her from getting something bad and oh my I felt so bad! I was able to calm her down after about 10 minutes after some baby tylenol, a bottle, and some cuddling. She was super clingy and fussy last night...she fussed/cried from 11:00pm till 3:00am this morning and then finally drifted off to sleep on my chest on the couch. So that's where I slept...hey you gotta do what you gotta do.
2. She was weighing in at 10lbs 13oz, and was 22 and 1/4 inches. She was in the 50th percentile for head, weight, and height...so my child is completely average. The nurse said it's not a usual thing to see them fall into the 50th on all three categories lol.
3. I watched Gone With the Wind for the first time ever last night. What a fabulous movie. I have it on both VHS and DVD and I had never watched it. I was flipping through the channels and came upon TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and it was just coming on. So we sat here and watched it.
4. Speaking of TCM I have now found a new channel I enjoy. Today they are having a Humphrey Bogart marathon. Classic!
5. I still have four Christmas presents to buy. Three of them are gift cards. And the fourth is something for Wes, and fortunately all I have to do is run into Target and get it.
6. I still have to wrap every present I have.
7. I'm baking Christmas cookies this evening.
8. We got a new freezer for our garage. It was our Christmas present from Wes' parents. I am fully looking forward to stocking it up at Sam's after Christmas.
9. We are going to be debt free with the exception of our car payment and mortgage as of July providing no major catastrophes. That is a good feeling.
10. I am in the market for a new camera. I want an SLR. I'm leaning toward a Nikon D60 or a Nikon 3000. I wont' be getting it till spring, but man am I looking forward to taking better quality pictures of Aubrey. Especially when she gets mobile.
Happy Wednesday all!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Found your blog recently and as a new first-time mom myself, I love it!
I had my daughter's first round of shots a couple weeks ago, and she reacted the same way :( I felt so awful as she looked up at me as if to say "You're my mom, why are you letting them DO this???"
Glad you both got through it :)
Post a Comment