Sunday, November 9, 2008

This isn't really baby related....


but this picture was taken about 1 month before me and Wes were married. I was pretty happy with my weight then. It was after I had done Weight Watchers and I was happy with the way I looked in pictures! Now not so much. I have noticed that since my wedding date 2 years and 4 months ago that I have gained back my weight and this makes me sad :( You can really see this in my picture from Lauren's shower this weekend on my other blog.
At first I was like well we are TTC so what is the point trying to diet when I could get pregnant and then can't diet? I told myself that as soon as I had the baby and got the clear I would go back to Weight Watchers since I know that it works for me. It has been 6 months since starting TTC, still no baby, and I feel like I have gained more weight since starting this journey. I'm pretty miserable with how I look these days.
So I talked it over with Wes and if I am not pregnant by January then we are starting weight watchers again. I can go ahead and start the eating part of the program because I have the tools for that here, but I also need the meetings. It's the accountability that I need to gear my success. If/when I get pregnant I can easily stop the dieting part until after the birth. Also my mom is getting me a membership to the Athens-Limestone Wellness Center for Christmas. I actually love to walk on a treadmill...I can turn on my iPod and off I go...for some reason it's relaxing to me.
So this is sorta kinda TTC related after all :)

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You look great then and you look great now. Don't put off losing weight just because you're TTC, though, Weight Watchers actually has a great pregnancy/breast feeding program. I think you just add 10 points to your daily allowance. It's doctor approved and will keep you from gaining more than you want during your pregnancy. Just something to keep in mind. I felt very helpless while I was pregnant, they tell you not to diet and I felt like any pound I gained was just permanently attached to me for the next 9 months (and 9 months after that due to breastfeeding...) I should have done something like weight watchers throughout my pregnancy.

Monica said...

I'm getting ready to really make a change in my diet. There's no reason to stop dieting while TTC/pregnancy as long as you're doing it in a healthy way like WW. Craig & I have been talking about getting a treadmill so I can walk at home while I watch TV.

I'm gonna do it and so can you!