Sunday, May 13, 2012

Hello??? Anyone still out there???

Oh my goodness I can't believe I have completely forsaken this blog.  I feel kind of guilty, but at the same time I think it was needed.  I've been trying to find a good place to sneak back into the swing of things and I guess Mother's Day is as good as time as any right? 
We had to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday this year since Wes is on outage.  It was a nice day and I am one blessed lady! 
Some things going on in my world at the moment?

I got my first ever 4.0 this semester! I have been close on several occasions but one "B" would always mess me up.  Not this time...it was a hard earned 4 A's!  It was so awesome to see that 4.0 on the computer :) 

I'm taking the summer off.  Wasn't in the original plans, but a test that the state of Alabama requires all teachers to take has caused some changes in plans.  I took this test once before, passed it, but now the state of Alabama  is saying that too many years have passed since I took it, and I need to take it again. All fine and dandy as I will take the test next Saturday.  The problem?  I have to have this test passed before I can do my final internship.  Well the scores are not going to be reported until late July, which is too late for them to place me for internship.  So internship is getting pushed back until spring.  I'm a little disappointed, but I know things work out for a reason, and so I decided that I might as well enjoy my summer, and I can take my final three classes in the fall, instead of cramming them into a 10 week period this summer. 

We are taking Aubrey on her first trip to Disney World at the end of September.  I'm looking forward to it.  My parents are also going so it should be lots of fun!  She will also be taking her first plane ride, and I'm not going to lie when I say I am nervous about that.  I've gotten some great advice about how to handle it though, so hopefully it'll go over smoothly.

We've got full blown terrible 2's going on here.  I've been reading a lot about how to handle them, and I find the most effective ways for Aubrey are keeping her busy, and also keeping to routine.  She's such a routine child, and if it varies too much, her world is rocked.  So I've been busy with planning our weeks out for the summer.  We have season passes to Point Mallard this summer, so I totally see lots of time there, and pinterest has been a great help to me on figuring out fun activities for us to do at home as well.

I hope to be back to more regular blogging this summer.  I am probably going to kick myself for eliminating 5 months of blogging time, because this is how I keep up with what's going on in our lives.  I hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day!   

No comments: