Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ten on a Thursday

1. Things are starting to get back to somewhat normal around here. Wes is on 12's but he does get one day off, so we are lucky in that manner. They are going to have to bring each unit up individually, starting with Unit 1 on May 10. It usually takes about 3 days to bring one unit up..then they have to wait a few days to start bringing up the next one. So we are looking at a manner of 3-4 weeks before all three units are back up and running.

2. It's heartbreaking to see all the disaster on tv. For us to get out of our area we have to drive through it. So we see it first hand every day. TV doesn't do it justice. There is no telling how long it'll be before we start seeing the debris removed. I have been seeing the ASPLUNDH trucks all over removing the trees...and trust me there are tons of those.

3. It's a constant reminder too on just how blessed (some would say lucky, but I say blessed) we are. They rated the tornado that came through my area a E-F5. It was less than a mile from my house. God was truly protecting us that day.

4. Moving on to the less serious stuff now.

5. Aubrey has become quite a chatterbox recently. She is saying more and more words, and understanding more and more concepts. I believe all forms of "baby" have gone and I have a full on fledged toddler.

6. We are going to the beach in 37 days. I am so ready for it. It'll be Aubrey's first time and I am sure she is going to love it!

7. Aubrey is obsessed with dogs. Funny since we don't own one. Our across the street neighbors have a springer spaniel named Marshall that is a big old baby who likes to be petted. Aubrey gets so excited to see him :) Her daddy would like to get a dog, but momma says no until we have a fenced in back yard. Plus I want Aubrey old enough to understand the responsibility of pet ownership.

8. Sidewalk chalk is a new favorite of hers as well. We spent over an hour out on our back patio a little over a week ago while she happily colored away.



9. I haven't reported much on my weight loss lately because it had stalled for a bit. Well it seems to have picked back up, and I am down 12 lbs. That leaves me with 38 to go! That number sounds better than 50 to me :) Zumba for Wii has been my buddy...what a workout!

10. I came out of the semester with all A's and B's...I'll take it. Only taking one class this summer. I'm contemplating a somewhat different degree...still in education, but I am not 100% sure I want to go back to elementary ed when I go back. I'm praying hard about making the best decision. I have until the end of the summer semester to decide.

Happy Thursday everyone...hope y'all all have a great weekend, and a fabulous Mother's Day!

No comments: