Tuesday, November 16, 2010

10 on Tuesday or maybe not :)

1. I have an extremely clean house! Like so clean you could lick my floors! Whoo hoo do you know how crazy happy this makes me? And my dear sweet husband came in this morning from working a 12 hour shift, he stayed up all day and helped me clean, then we went to my parents to pick up Aubs, and eat dinner, stopped by Chick Fil A on our way back home to get a milkshake (yeah their Peppermint Chocolate milkshakes are delish!), got home bathed Aubs, put her to bed, and he was out like a light by 8:15pm :) Bless his heart, he's a good one :)

2. Aubrey's kitchen came last week. Now I just have to pick up the rest of her Christmas.

3. I totally get the appeal of online shopping...and sometimes it sure beats having to go on the hunt for something.

4. I'm tired of hearing about the Cam Newton story. As an Auburn fan I am going to not worry about the what if's and just go with what has been reported (that is true, not the rumors). I don't know what happened, but I want to believe that he is innocent. God gave him a true talent in football, and he seems like such a personable guy. He's definitely fun to watch. I know he made some mistakes at Florida, but you know what? Tell me a 18-19 year old kid that hasn't made mistakes, and who are we to judge? He paid for those mistakes and is trying to lead his life.
I also hate what it has done to fans of both the major universities in Alabama. I seriously am to the point where I want to stay off facebook on Saturdays. I have vowed that on Friday Novemeber 26th I will not get on facebook, because I know it's going to get ugly...on both sides. That's sad. It's a game. The sun will shine the next day (or it might rain depending on what the weather has in store) and life goes on. I say just root for your team, and leave it at that. No need for trash talking or saying hateful things about the opposite fan base. Because we are just that...the fan base. I'm not out there getting beat up for 60 minutes...I'm just rooting for guys that do.

5. I'm heading to Birmingham on Thursday to get my blood work done to test to see if I am a CF gene carrier. I'm nervous but ready to know.

6. Aubrey is learning simple commands like Please come here, Bring me the ball, and if you ask her to pick up something that is near her and you point to it. It's pretty cool to watch her learn these things.

7. I'm looking forward to taking Aubrey to Santa's Village this year. I also think we are going to go to the walking tour of the H'ville botanical gardens Galaxy of Lights next week, possibly the night before Thanksgiving. I can feel Christmas in the air :)

Seven is all I can come up with tonight. It's 10pm, I have been going all day and I am tired. I hope everyone has a great hump day tomorrow :) Goodnight!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so jealous of your clean house! I'm so overwhelmed with mine. It needs a good deep cleaning so bad, but I just don't know when/how I can do that with kids running around!

Which kitchen did you decide to go with? We were wanting to get Abby one, but we've about decided to wait until her birthday.

I'm with you on the football thing. It's crazy how some people are acting. I don't log in on Saturdays because it's just so disturbing how people can get so rude over football. I keep telling my husband...Imagine how different the world would be if people were as passionate about Jesus as they are about football!

Hope your testing goes well. :o)

Candi said...

Rachel we went with the Kidkraft Retro pink kitchen. I am looking forward to seeing her play with it :)

And amen to your statement about how would it be if people got as passionate about Jesus as they do football.