Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My problem solved

My problem about whether I should change OBGYN's or just drive to Decatur when my time came has been solved. My doctors group is going to open a Huntsville office and start delivering at Huntsville Hospital. They are also going to keep their office in Decatur open...but the only hospital they are going to deliver at is Huntsville Hospital. This has something to do with all the unpaid deliveries that Decatur General is having to do and my doctors group is apparently losing money on it. So they are pulling the plug.
This is good news to me because from my house Decatur General is about 40 minutes. Huntsville Hospital is only about 25...that can be a big difference for someone who may or may not be in pain. I was really wanting to go to Huntsville Hospital but wanted to stick with my doctor because I like him. So problem solved. I get my hospital and my doctor :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'm a Parkway girl all the way :) I picked my Ob/Gyn by where they deliver.